Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

oh and by the way...

Since I defined performance... i thought I would give you all the dictionary version of 'communication'.... the imparting or interchange of thoughts, opinions, or information by speech, writing, or signs.

INTERCHANGE AND IMPARTING.... sorry to shout but it seems to me these words are far more effective.... and I'm a little excited I found them!

Imagine what a drama on the church stage would like then... if it was based on this definition.... to impart and interchange thoughts, opinions, information.... through visual signs.... ooooh.... I sense a change in the air. And what if we didnt simply put on 'dramas' and other forms of art... what if... that was the way in which we preached the Word of God? Would everyone be happy? It's not what people expect... they expect a sermon from a preacher do they not? BUT what IF a sermon was delivered by other means? Would people still listen? Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment